How do I report a security vulnerability on iFixit?
If you've discovered a security vulnerability, we appreciate your help in disclosing it to us in a responsible manner.
We'll work with you to make sure that we understand the scope of the issue, and that we fully address your concern. If you believe you have discovered a vulnerability or have a security incident to report, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a detailed summary of the issue you discovered. Be sure to include an email address where we can reach you in case we need more information.
Please act in good faith towards our users' privacy and data during your disclosure. When testing for vulnerabilities, please do not insert test code into popular public guides - these guides are used by thousands of people daily, and disrupting their experience by testing for vulnerabilities is harmful (Please, always make a new guide instead!). We won't take legal or administrative action against you or your account if you act accordingly: White hat researchers are always appreciated.
We're happy to provide a reward to users who report valid security vulnerabilities. To be eligible for credit and a reward, you must:
- Be the first person to responsibly disclose the vulnerability.
- Report a vulnerability that could compromise our users' private data, circumvent the system's protections, or enable access to a system within our infrastructure.
Please do report:
- Persistent Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF/XSRF)
- Broken Authentication
- Circumvention of our framework's privacy and permission models
- Remote Code Execution
Please do not report:
- Non-security related issues, such as bugs (report those here)
- Outdated versions of Wordpress with no known vulnerabilities
- Username enumeration
- Missing DNS SPF records
Our security team will assess each vulnerability to determine if it qualifies. We do our best to respond to your reports in a timely manner. We aim to respond within 3 business days, however, some reports take longer than others to investigate. We reply only during business hours (9AM-5PM PST, weekdays, excluding holidays). Repeated emails will NOT result in a quicker response, and may bump your report to the end of the queue.