iPhone - Not Charging
Here are some ideas if your iPhone will not charge:
- Bad cable connection
- Check the USB cable for damage and dirt, especially at the ends. Then try using the wall charger, as this will provide greater power input than the computer/USB.
- Broken charger or USB cord
- Try using different chargers to see if you may have a problem with your charger or cord.
- Obstructed/bad charging port
- Check the dock connector or lightning port at the bottom of the iPhone for dirt, lint, and damaged pins. Clean out the connector very carefully with a tooth pick or soft toothbrush. If the port is broken, you will have to replace it.
- Don’t use low-quality charge cords, wall cubes, portable batteries and car chargers—like the ones you find at a gas station.
- If it doesn’t have the MFI logo, it’s not safe for your device.
- If you need your U2 IC repaired, there are shops that can do it for you, the average cost is somewhere around $100, often with a free diagnostic to determine the problem.
- Here is a mail-in repair shop which offers this repair: iPad Rehab—they repair more than just iPads.