How do I return something I ordered?
Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- iFixit.com Order #
- This will be a seven-digit number that you'll see in your emails and on your Order History.
- If you ordered something from us through one of our other online storefronts like Amazon or eBay, please follow the return instructions provided through that platform. You will be able to initiate the return from your order history and we will approve your request on our end.
- List the item(s) you wish to return
- You can refer to the item based on the item code or part number (for example: IF145-123-7).
- If multiple items are present, please specify the QTY.
- Provide the reason for returning each item
- Item no longer needed? Part not functional? Accidentally order the wrong part? Any information you provide will be noted in our system for future reference.
- The return reason determines the condition we'll expect the item to be returned in, and helps us be aware of any quality issues that we may need to share with our Quality Control department at the time of processing your return.
- A valid email address to contact you about your return
- By default, the email address that is entered during account creation will be receiving our automated emails. We will send you the return instructions via email, so please verify the email address is correct before sending your request.
- Our Returns team will contact you via email once the return has been completed, and if a refund is being sent back to you.
We normally respond to all return requests within 1-2 business days. Extra processing time may be needed during Holidays. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for our response in the meantime. If you don't hear back from us, please check your Spam/Junk folder.
What if I want to make a guarantee replacement request?
Most of our parts and tools come with a Lifetime Guarantee. Other items, such as consumables, have a 1-year guarantee or no guarantee because they are designed to be consumed during use. You can find more information about our guarantees here.
If you would like to be assessed for a replacement, please provide us with the same information above, but state that you prefer to receive a replacement instead of a refund. We will also confirm your shipping address before setting up a replacement shipment for orders older than 30 days.
Note: Photos may be requested by our Support team before we proceed with arranging your replacement.