iPhone - Lines/Bars/Boxes in Screen
This issue isn't directly indicative of part defect per se, but common causes often include: lingering static electricity introduced during transit or the repair as well as insecurely attached ribbon cables.
Here are steps we recommend trying first before investigating with us further:
- Disconnect/remove the display.
- Inspect the display ribbon cables for any pinches or tears and inspect the connections and contacts on the logic board for any damaged pins.
- Use a Q-tip dipped in Isopropyl/Rubbing Alcohol to clear out any debris in the connections and contacts.
- Re-secure the display connections and reseat the display.
- With the new screen installed, power off the device and let it sit untouched for at least 6 hours.