What is your return policy?
IFIXIT — Return Policy
We want you to be happy with your purchase from iFixit! Please contact our support department for an RMA number before sending anything back to us.
- Arrangements for a return must be made within 30 days of the date the order is received (this isn't when the order was placed mind you, but when the package arrives in your hands.)
- RMA numbers are valid for 30 days from the date of issue. We ask that you send it back within 7 days. All packages received without an RMA number will be charged a 25% restocking fee ($5 minimum).
- Rejecting receipt of a package is considered returning the package without an RMA number and may be charged up to a 25% restocking fee.
- Original and return shipping charges for any non-defective returns are the sole responsibility of the customer. If we are at fault, iFixit will provide a return shipping label and/or (with iFixit's prior consent) reimburse return shipping charges for non-expedited, trackable shipping methods.
- Any shipping and/or customs charges billed to an iFixit shipping account and not explicitly authorized by iFixit will be billed to the customer.
- If a defective part was reported and a label was sent out to you but it comes back fully functional or damaged, then the charge for the label will be deducted from the refund.
- If a return does not come back in the condition it was sent out in (i.e. a torn cable, cracks, scratches, used adhesive, etc.) a refund may be denied (or additional charges may apply), and the item can be sent back out to you at your expense. If your part doesn't qualify for a refund, we will reach out to you, and if there is no response within 7 days, the part will be properly recycled. This 7 days also applies to items returned to us that include original pre-installed components transferred over to them.
- We do not do exchanges. If you mistakenly ordered the wrong part (i.e. a battery for an iPhone 6 but you have an iPhone 6s), we cannot exchange it for you. You may place a new order for the correct part whenever you like and request to return the incorrect part back to us within 30 days of receiving it.
- Removing the iFixit tamperproof sticker does not void the warranty per se, but it may delay return processing and in some cases it may result in return processors not being able to verify the part as an iFixit part. However, returns for a refund of parts that have been unpackaged which do not bear the iFixit tamperproof sticker may be denied or issued store credit in lieu of a refund to the original form of payment.
- Rejecting receipt without consent or unauthorized redirection of the package (i.e., package is returned due to failure to make proper arrangements with the shipping carrier during Customs/delivery process) may be subject to a 25% restocking fee ($5 minimum) on top of any return fees. Any fees or shipping charges incurred by the unauthorized return of the package will be re-billed to the customer in the form of a deduction from any applicable refund amount. In cases where a rejected package costs more than the order itself, a refund is not possible.
- Returned items that are not defective may be charged a restocking fee of up to 15% ($5 minimum), and shipping will not be refunded. Alternatively, we can provide 90% of the purchase price in store credit for your returned item. ($5 minimum restocking fee still applies.)
- Unless explicitly stated by iFixit, any coupon codes provided for customer use are discounts for products, not shipping.
- iFixit is not liable for reimbursing third party costs as we facilitate customers to be able to do repairs themselves to save on labor.
If in doubt, please contact us and we'll do our best to get you taken care of.
We understand the situational nature of contingency that motivates the urge to reject a package, however return fees for refused packages lead to an unnecessary financial burden. The proper way to return a package to us is to follow our return policy which requires the package to be successfully claimed/received beforehand.
As per our sales policies which are accepted prior to checkout, these fees are also the customer's responsibility.
No matter how innocuous the circumstances, rejecting receipt of a package without our consent may be subject to a 25% restocking fee ($5 minimum) on top of any return fees. Any fees and shipping charges incurred by the unauthorized return of the package will be re-billed to the customer in the form of a deduction from any applicable refund amount. In cases where a rejected package costs more than the order itself, a refund is not possible.
This article applies only to orders placed on www.ifixit.com.